Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting so close...

After my run tonight I stepped on the scale.  After a week or so of struggling to lose any pounds, I finally hit a new number, 220 lbs.!!!  I have not seen this number on the scale for a long, long time.  I am so excited for the next step, to break into the teens!  My goal weight is 213 lbs., so I am getting so close.  I feel like it is right in front of me, but I've been stuck on the scale for the past week or so.

I am still noticing that my jeans are getting looser.  I have had several people tell me that my new size 36 Buckle jeans are getting too big on me already!  I hate to think that these expensive jeans may not fit in another week or two, but I tell you what... if I can fit into a size 34 jean, it would be the first time since about 6th grade!  I think I would be ok with buying one more pair of buckle jeans!  ha ha.

Lindsey and I have been so busy the past 3 or 4 weeks that we have really been off schedule with our running and working out.  Instead of 3 good runs per week, we are lucky to get 1 or 2.  I feel great, but can definitely tell that the weight loss has slowed down with the lack of exercise that my body was used to.  I look forward to some great runs in the next week leading to our 2nd 1/2 marathon next Saturday, Sept. 11th.  It is the Park to Park 5k, 10k, and 1/2 Marathon at George Wythe Park in Cedar Falls.  Although we have slacked a little on our training, Lindsey and I are really excited to run another 1/2 Marathon!

For those of you that are running too, I might suggest a couple of great products from Advocare.  Lindsey and I take O2 Gold to enhance oxygen consumption before our runs, we drink a Slam 15 min. before a long run for a boost of energy, and we have also tried the Arginine Extreme to support muscle endurance and provide cardiovascular nourishment.  Let me tell you, I can feel a huge difference while working out when I take these great products.  I feel like I could run forever and have a ton of energy.  It makes running more enjoyable and easier to handle.  Please contact me if you would like to learn more about these products.

Now, it is time to get after it.  I plan to work like crazy over the next week or so to hit my goal.  I will certainly keep all of you updated on my progress, but I want you to concentrate on your goals as well.  Let's work together to make a huge impact in our lives over the next week or two...   Push through it.  When you think you can't run any further, push through it.  When you get tired and sweaty and don't think you can workout for another minute, push through it.  Believe me, there are going to be some very trying times during my 1/2 Marathon next Saturday.  I will have Lindsey right beside me to help keep me motivated, but we will both have to push through the pain.  We will have to push through the struggle.  It will be very difficult at times, but when we cross that finish line it will all be worth it!  When I hit my goal weight it will all be worth it!  Are you with me?  Let's give it everything we've got so we never have to look back and wonder about what could have been.  Let's push toward our weight loss and fitness goals with a new intensity!  What are you waiting for?  Get moving!  Let's do this thing!!!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment