Monday, October 4, 2010

24 Day Challenge Take 2

Here we go again!  It has been 3 months since Lindsey and I began the Advocare 24 Day Challenge.  The first time around I was able to lose 24 pounds and 16 inches in 24 days!!!  Lindsey lost 9 pounds and 12 inches!!!  In just 24 Days!  Once my first Challenge was complete, I continued on products and was able to lose 45 pounds in 2 months!!!  I hit my goal weight and have been able to maintain it. 

Now, I decided to set another goal and take the Challenge again!  I had purchased new Buckle Jeans after the last Challenge.  After dropping from size 42 to 36, it was fun to get new jeans, and I certainly needed them!  The problem is, now they don't fit.  I tried on size 34 last week and they felt great.  Lindsey made me promise to get to my final weight before spending another $75-100 on jeans.  So at the end of this Challenge we will make sure that the size 34's that I have picked out still fit right!

I don't know about you, but this is a big deal to me!  It has been a long time since I enjoyed shopping for clothes.  At size 42, cool jeans were hard to come by.  I would have to search and search to find my size at Old Navy or Kohl's.  I felt so disgusted trying on such big clothes that I often would leave the store upset and without clothes because it just wasn't worth the effort.  Up until last year I was wearing XXL shirts.  Once again, harder to find in the shirts I was interested in.  The problem was, I was barely fitting into the XXL's!  How could that be?  How did I let it get so out of control?  I was so ashamed that a 2XL shirt was too tight on me!  Like I said, I hated shopping!

What a difference a year can make!  After dropping from 313 pounds to 213 pounds, shopping has become pretty fun!  It amazes me that I am now wearing size L shirts and I am in need of size 34 jeans!  If you'd have told me I could be wearing these sizes a year ago, I'd have laughed at you!  It just didn't seem possible.  And to be honest with you, I still catch myself thinking of myself as a "big guy".  I guess the years of living that way have made an impression in my self image.  I am slowly coming around to understand that I am fit and healthy.  It is fun to hear my wife say that I look skinny compared to a friend or co-worker.  In most cases, it is someone that a year ago would have been 50 or 75 pounds smaller than me!  But now, my wife thinks I look small next to them!!  That is a fun compliment to receive!

Much like the first time through the Challenge, I plan to document my day to day activities and share the ins and outs of taking the Challenge.  Today was day one. 

Upon waking up this morning at 5 am, I grabbed a Spark Energy Drink (mandarin orange, my morning favorite!) and took 3 Catalyst.  About 30 minutes later I mixed up the Cleanse Pack fiber drink.  This is a pulpy citrus drink that isn't too bad so long as you chug it down quickly.  I once made the mistake (during the 1st Challenge) of letting it sit on the counter for 5 minutes... let's just say it got a little thick.  Lesson learned.

A little later on, around 8 or 9, I mixed up my Meal Replacement Shake (chocolate today).  I prefer to mix these in a blender or magic bullet with ice and water, but at work I settle for cold water and I shake it up in my Advocare mixer bottle.  The shake really fills you up and makes you feel ready to go!  With 24 grams of protein, it wipes out your hunger and gives you a ton of energy to keep moving!

This got me through the morning, and for lunch today I took fresh fruit (apple, orange, banana) some cheddar flavored rice snacks, dry roasted almonds, and a salad.  During the afternoon I had a few more almonds, then a little later on I had 3 more Catalyst and another Spark energy drink (this time I went for a pink lemonade).

When I got home tonight I was able to go for a 3 mile run (felt awesome).  It had been a week since I'd been able to run, so I really appreciated getting to go for a run.  I mixed up some Arganine Extreme before my run and enjoyed a Post Workout Recovery shake after my run.  These are a couple of big selling products from Advocare's Performance Elite line.  I felt a big difference using them and plan to continue to use them in the future!

For dinner tonight, Lindsey had grilled some chicken breasts which we mixed with fresh sauteed peppers, peas, and green beans over a small amount of brown rice.  This was very nutritious and delicious!  The kids even enjoyed it... it is fun to see my kids get excited about eating healthy foods!  That is a lesson I want them to learn early on to avoid the weight issues that I had to fight through.

That sums up day one on the Advocare 24 Day Challenge for me.  I feel great, and can't wait to see my results!  I started this morning at 219.0 pounds.  My goal is to lose 10 pounds this time around.  I am convinced that 210 pounds would be my ideal weight to maintain. I am really excited about being lighter than I was in high school!  I weighed about 225 in HS, so I will ultimately be 15 pounds less than that!  How many people can say they are 15 pounds lighter and wearing smaller jeans than they did in high school?  I feel so blessed to have found Advocare!  I am truly amazed at what I've been able to achieve by using the products!  Let me know if you are up to the Challenge!  I would love to be your partner as you work toward your weight loss and fitness goals!  Send us a message, and we'll help you get started today!  Don't wait.  Make the decision today to get after it.  You will be amazed at what you will be able to accomplish!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment