Thursday, October 21, 2010

Has it really been a year?

Wow!  Was that the fastest year ever?  I can't believe it has already been a year since I decided to make a change!  Where does the time go?

So, here is the deal... until one year ago today, I was living an unhealthy life.  I had slowly and steadily gained weight and gotten more and more out of shape.  I had been living with the belief that I was too busy to do anything about it.  I was convinced that I was getting too old to do anything about it.  I was certain that I was destined to be big... it was in my genes!


 Lindsey and I one year ago




Lindsey and I this year

Well, by the grace of God I came to my senses.  After years of ignoring the problem I was awakened to the fact that if I didn't do something about my health, that I would suffer the consequences.  Luckily I hadn't had any health issues yet, but at 313 pounds, it was just a matter of time.

Many of my friends find this hard to believe, but the hardest part was to make the decision to change.  Once I turned that corner, the rest fell into place.  No more excuses.  On October 21st 2009 I began my journey to healthy living and getting into shape.  I started out on WW online for men.  The best thing about this program was that it taught me how to eat better.  However, there were many downfalls to the program.  My poor wife spent hours every week trying to plan points friendly meals.  I found myself out of points and out of energy by the end of the day.  I struggled through 8 months of following WW online.  For 6 months I slowly lost a bunch of weight, 55 pounds to be exact.  Then I hit my plateau in May.  Lindsey and I continued running and eating healthy, but no more pounds would come off.  I was really frustrated after running my first 1/2 marathon in June, but still no weight loss.

That was when Lindsey and I found Advocare.  We started on the 24 Day Challenge in early July and by the end of 24 days I had lost 24 pounds and 16 inches!!!  Not to mention I was able to give up a 6 diet mountain dew per day habit!  I had more energy than I had in years and was feeling great!  I didn't have to count points or starve myself, just followed the program and ate the recommended foods for 24 days!  It was almost too easy!  I felt great after the Challenge, continued on products, and ended up losing 45 pounds in just 2 months!  I hit my goal of losing 100 pounds and have kept it off! 

So here I sit, one year later.  Still in disbelief.  It has been one of the best years of my life!  From overweight and out of shape to the best shape of my life!  From depressed and embarrassed about my weight to feeling self-confident and excited about my health!  Now I am not only in great health, but Lindsey and I have been able to begin helping others to follow in our footsteps!  What an amazing feeling to share my experience and help others begin their own journeys toward weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.  I am so blessed.  If you find yourself sitting where I was sitting just one year ago, please, please listen when I say YOU DON'T HAVE TO STAY THERE!  You CAN change!  Please give me a call or email if you need help.  It is my goal to help everyone I know to break free from the chains of unhealthy living!  Don't wait,  start now and just think where you will be one year from today!

Michael

1 comment:

  1. You are going to get sick of me saying you are inspiring....but you will just have to deal with that!! YOU ARE INSPIRING! Thank you so much for your hard work! When it wasn't easy and you pushed through..that's what I thank you for! YAY!

    ReplyDelete