Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY!!!



Before UNI Football Game 2009

Before UNI Football Game 2010
In honor of my best friend and the love of my life I want to take a chance today to wish my beautiful wife a wonderful HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  She is more beautiful today then the day I met her, and I love her more every day!

Most of our time on this blog has been spent talking about my weight loss and the journey that has brought me to lose 100 pounds and get into shape.  Today I want to talk about all of the things my wife has accomplished in the past year.

First of all, Lindsey has been my rock.  Without her love and support, my goals would have never been met.  I leaned on her more than I might like to admit, but she was ALWAYS there to support me and keep me moving in the right direction!  I can't tell you how many hours she has spent in the past year planning healthy meals, let alone making them, and making them deliciously I might add!  She sacrificed so that I could run and workout and get fit.  After I work a 12 hour day, she is ready for some help with 4 little kids in the house, but she always supported me.  Never once did she question me taking off for an hour run when I knew she could use help giving the kids a bath or making them dinner. 

Second point... While supporting me, Lindsey found herself eating right and exercising with me.  Not that she had much weight to lose, but she lost 9 pounds and 12 inches while doing the 24 Day Challenge with me!  She also took up running with me!  After hearing about my first 5k this spring, she was so excited she took off running that day and the following weekend we ran our first 5k together!  We have since run two 1/2 marathons and a ton of other races together!  She joked during our last 1/2 marathon that our "dates" sure involved a lot of exercise and running!  Ha ha!  We both agreed that it was more fun to run 13 miles together than to go out and eat some greasy food and pay too much for some crappy movie!

Third point...  My God, look at the woman!  She is more beautiful today then the day I met her!  She is also about 30 pounds lighter and has much more self-confidence!  Lindsey has really grabbed a hold of our new healthy lifestyle, and it looks GOOD on her!  I am so proud of her for getting in to the best shape of her life!  Seriously, she has had 4 children in the past 5 1/2 years and she is wearing clothes sizes that she could have never dreamed of fitting into before this past year!

Lindsey, I love you.  I wish you the happiest birthday ever!  I thank you for making this past year the BEST year of my life, and I can't wait to see what this coming year holds in store for us!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment