Monday, October 11, 2010

The Perfect Time of Year!!!

I love this time of year!  The weather is perfect, cool in the mornings and warm by afternoon.  Football is in full swing, and the season is heating up as the teams are vying for a playoff spot or a bowl game.  The leaves are turning color and the farmers are harvesting crops... so many reasons that Fall is my favorite time of year!

But my number 1 reason for loving this time of year is simple... it is the best time of year to change your life.  We are rapidly approaching the Anniversary of the day that I took my life back.  On Oct. 21st last year, I made a change.  That was the day that I said enough was enough.  I was 33 years old and severely overweight.  I weighed 313 pounds and was completely out of shape.  I was not the husband that I wanted to be.  I was not the role model that my 4 little children needed.  It was tough.  It had been a long time coming.  But on Oct. 21st I made the decision to change,  I have never looked back.

So why October you might ask?  Well, for me it came down to the fact that as a construction supervisor, there was more time to begin working out in the fall.  The days are getting shorter, so I get to come home a little earlier.  I would work out in the evenings in our basement.  We have an elliptical machine and some weights, it doesn't take much.  In fact, I now prefer to run outside, so all it takes is my running shoes!

The 2nd reason that October makes so much sense to me is this...  we are quickly approaching the Holiday Season.  That time of year creates obstacles for all of us.  Family, friends, huge dinners for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Cookies, pies and other holiday treats.  Yeah, I know all about it.  It used to be that I could just plan on gaining about 10 pounds during this time of year.  But now I look at it as an opportunity!  Just think, if you start today, you will have a couple weeks before Halloween to gain momentum in your exercise and weight loss.  (Halloween is easy, just let the kids eat the candy for a day or two and throw the rest in the trash).  Then, the next obstacle, Thanksgiving!  That is over a month away.  We can help you lose 10 to 20 pounds by then!  You will have so much momentum on your side that the pumpkin pie won't even look very good this year!  Seriously, don't tell me that after busting your butt for the next 5 weeks that you will really let 1 or 2 family get togethers trip you up?  I made it through last year, and I actually am looking forward to it this year!  It will be like a challenge!  And don't think that you can't eat, because that isn't the deal.  We just try not to overindulge like I used to.  I will still be enjoying all of the Thanksgiving festivities and trying all of my old favorites, but here is the funny thing.  The food just doesn't seem worth it.  I have found that I look at food much differently than I used to.  I still enjoy it, but many times I've passed by something that I know is loaded with empty calories or fat.  I've worked too hard to get where I'm at, and it truly doesn't taste as good as it use to, so why bother?

So if we ride the momentum through Thanksgiving, that gives us another month before we have to worry about Christmas!  Once again, we will be busting it.  Losing weight, gaining energy, staying motivated to keep moving in the right direction!  Christmas will be a breeze... have a few cookies.  Eat some of the family ham dinner, just keep it in moderation and the next thing you know it will be New Years!!!

I just looked on the calendar.  We have 82 days until New Years.  Just imagine what we can accomplish in 82 days!  I can help you lose a ton of weight and get started on a regular workout schedule that will help you cruise right into the new year and your new years resolutions will be well under way!  Picture yourself talking with your friends as they tell you all about how they plan to lose 20 pounds this year for their new years resolution!  You will have already lost your 20 pounds and you can tell them, "yeah, I started a little early this year... now I've only got a little ways to go to hit my goal!"  Tell me that wouldn't be fun!  So why wait?  Let's get started today!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment