Monday, August 9, 2010

Back from Vacation and ready to ROCK!!!

I have missed you guys.  Sorry about the week long hiatus, Lindsey and I were in Okoboji this past week with my family.  We had a great time and are rejuvenated and ready to get fired up about our fitness goals!  I was pleasantly surprised and very excited to step on the scale this morning and see that I was at 231.0 pounds! 

Seriously? I was on vacation for a week!  Then this past weekend came back to celebrate with my classmates of '95 at Dike New Hartford High School!  It was our 15 year reunion, and the Dike Watermelon Days.  We had a blast and spent the weekend catching up and having a few to many cold ones!  And still I managed to lose 0.8 pounds!!!  This new lifestyle ROCKS! 

I had told myself to enjoy the vacation and the festivities of the reunion... and I did.  I just did it using my new eating habits and tried to abstain from anything too horrible.  There was no greasy food or donuts, but there was certainly steak, pizza, ice cream at Arnold's Park, etc.  Everything was in moderation and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Now it is time to get after it again.  I have completed my 24 Day Challenge and now plan to continue with a few of the Advocare products to help me reach my goal of 213 pounds!  Only 18 pounds left, and I will have lost 100 pounds!!!  Lindsey and I also are planning our 2nd 1/2 marathon this September, so between being busy at work, spending time with our 4 little kids, training for the 1/2, and continuing to share our story it is going to be a very hectic and interesting end of summer!  One thing is for sure, I know where I am going, and I hope you all stay plugged in and watch me get there!  It will be absolutely overwhelming to step on that scale in another month or so and see the numbers 213!

I can't put into words what losing 100 pounds will mean to me.  To become the healthy husband that my beautiful wife deserves.  To be a positive influence and role model for my 4 little kids!  To continue to work with friends and family on achieving their weight loss and healthy lifestyle goals!  What a Blessing this whole journey has turned out to be for me!  I thank God everyday for guiding me to a healthy lifestyle, and to help influence others to follow in my footsteps.  I just want to thank you all for following this blog, and for all the kind emails and phone calls that I have received from so many of you!  I can't imagine life without this new found purpose that is driving me to continue on this journey.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment