Saturday, July 31, 2010

What a difference a year can make!

Ok, so as I have told all of you, on October 21st 2009 I took my life back.  I was tired of being overweight and out of shape.  I was not happy.  I was depressed about my weight, and about my overall fitness.  Thank God, I hadn't had any health or medical issues, but at 313 pounds it was just a matter of time!  After finishing up my Advocare 24 Day Challenge yesterday, I weighed in at 231 pounds!  That is a total weight loss of 82 pounds since last October!!!  I feel great.  I am so happy with my progress, but I still have 18 pounds to go.  I will hit 100 pounds total loss before I quit losing weight.  I am so excited with my progress and can't wait to hit my goal!

In the meantime, it was about time for some new clothes.  I had already drilled 8 new holes in my belt, and have been wearing my old size 40 or size 42 shorts and jeans.  Today Lindsey and I went shopping (thanks to Grandma & Grandpa, it was just the 2 of us!).  I was blown away when I realized I am now a size 36!  I found a couple of new shorts, and then we decided to go to the Buckle.  I hadn't shopped there since I was 17!  For fun I tried on some jeans...guess what?  I couldn't resist.  I came home with 2 new pair!  Lindsey also picked out some new jeans at the Buckle...size 27!!!  She told me she has never worn size 27, and let me tell you, she looks GOOD in them!

Yeah, we probably spent a little more on new clothes than we should have, but it has been years since I enjoyed shopping for clothes.  For at least the past 10 years I have always dreaded shopping.  I was always so disappointed with the sizes that I would have to settle for.  I hated that I was a size 40 or 42!  It took all the joy out of it when a XXL shirt didn't hardly fit!  I avoided shopping at all costs, so I guess I probably was due.  I also really enjoyed watching Lindsey try on sizes that she had never dreamed of!  So fun.

Anyway, I found a picture from about one year ago of me with the boys.  As you can see by the look on my face, I was unhappy and uncomfortable in my own skin.  I also have included a picture of me tonight trying on my new clothes!  I LOVE that I can wear cool clothes!  I had so much fun today!  My wish is that all of you will get to go shopping soon because your clothes are all way to big!  Believe me, it is a GREAT problem to have!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Michael, that's terrific! You look great! -Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josie! I feel great and it was so FUN to go shopping! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You (and your new clothes) look great Michael!! Awesome job! It was really nice meeting you today!!
    -Matt & Jennifer Tyson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Mike's bday is Oct. 21. Didn't know you started on his bday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete