Friday, July 9, 2010

Another notch in the belt!

What a way to wake up this morning!  I went to put my work clothes on and realized my belt wasn't hooking very easily.  I wiped my sleepy eyes and looked down a little closer and realized what was going on.  I was trying to push through a hole that has never been used before!  What a great feeling!  So rather than finishing up with getting dressed and moving on with my morning routine, I decided I'd strip down and see what the scale had to tell me this morning.

I was absolutely blown away when the digital readout stopped blinking and showed 244.8!!!  What?  Seriously?  Yet again I stepped off and zeroed the scale in disbelief and hopped on one more time.  Yes, it still was displaying 244.8!

I wouldn't necessarily recommend weighing in every single day, and I've been taught that once a week is more appropriate.  But for the duration of this 24 Day Challenge, I plan to break the rules and weigh in every morning before work so that I can share the results with all of you.  I think this is the best way to see day by day the ups and downs of taking the Challenge.  You will be able to celebrate with me on mornings like this when I am another 5 pounds lighter, and you will feel my disappointment on the days when the scale isn't on my side.  For today, let's celebrate!  Just 2 and a 1/2 days ago I started this Challenge at a weight of 255.8 pounds.  This morning's weigh in is 244.8!  That is a total of 11 pounds!!!  As my beloved little nephew Tucker would say... BOO YAH!!!

Please continue to follow along with me on this journey and see just how far I can go!

Michael

2 comments:

  1. Next time you had better wake me up so I can share in your excitement! I am SO PROUD OF YOU!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael you are doing such a great job and it is DEFINITELY paying off! Keep it up! :)
    -Alaina

    ReplyDelete