Thursday, July 15, 2010

Still Rolling

So, this is the morning of Day 9 already of the 24 Day Challenge!  It is amazing how fast this thing is going.  I really thought by now that I would be praying for it to be over so that I could indulge on some less than healthy foods and consume a few cold beers.  In all honesty, I am so excited about my progress that I haven't had those temptations yet.  I find myself sticking strictly to the plan in anticipation of what is to come!

Just to let you in on a little of the day by day, I thought I'd tell exactly what I'm doing and what I'm eating and drinking while on this Challenge.  The first thing I do every morning is hop on the scale to document the progress.  Then I head out to the kitchen and mix up a Spark Energy Drink.  I haven't had a flavor yet that I didn't enjoy, but the Pink Lemonade is probably my fave.  While drinking the Spark, I take some Catalyst pills. These awesome little pills are designed to pull water out of fat and into muscle, in order to preserve lean muscle during times of weight loss and exercise.  Also as part of today's regimen I took the ProBiotic Restore pills - these are a probiotic complex of friendly microflora for support of intestinal health and function.  Then to cap off the morning I get to drink a fiber drink this morning!  Boy, there just isn't much positive that I can say about these things!  It is a powder that you mix with water and drink, but it is very thick and pulpy.  I try to slam it down as fast as possible.  It's purpose is to support intestinal function and eliminate wastes.  I will say that once I drink it, I'm not hungry for quite a while!

A little later on in the morning, usually around 9 or so, I begin getting a little hungry so I mix up my Meal Replacement Shake - this is full of protein, nutrients and fiber which are a perfect breakfast that allows you to begin your day by fueling your muscles and brain, while starving your fat.  I have found that the Chocolate and the Berry shakes are great.  Vanilla is not my favorite.  I usually just shake these up with cold water, but when I'm around the house I like to mix them up in the blender with ice and a little water - this makes them taste like a delicious smoothie!

So that gets me through the morning.  At lunch I try to eat some fresh veggies, fruit and a salad.  I also throw in a couple hard boiled eggs and a handful of roasted almonds to help satisfy my hunger cravings.  By mid afternoon I'm ready for another Spark Energy drink and one more round of Catalyst.  This really gets my energy up and makes the hottest and hardest part of the day a lot easier!

That's pretty much all there is to the Challenge, at least today on day 9.  There are a few variances of which supplements you take on which days, but this gives you a good idea of what is involved with the day to day of the program.  Lindsey and I both look forward to our evening meal - many nights we will have a grilled chicken breast and some fresh green beans out of our garden.  Or last night we had a large salad loaded up with veggies and some steamed vegetables for dinner.  I must say, I don't feel deprived.  I don't feel hungry.  From the beginning I had some concerns that I would be miserable by following the recommended foods, but so far it has been a breeze!

Let me know if you have any other questions about the 24 Day Challenge.  I'm very excited about my progress and would love to share this with as many people as possible!

Weigh in this morning = 241.6 pounds!!!    Down 14.2 pounds in just over 8 days!

If I can do it, YOU can do it!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment