Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 6 and Going Strong!

I don't have a whole lot to post about today, but as I was looking at the calendar this morning, I realized that we are already on DAY 6. I can't believe it. What is even more unbelievable is that I haven't had a single pop since we started this challenge last Wednesday morning. I'm not going to lie and say that it was easy to order the kids happy meals yesterday at McDonalds without getting an icy cold fountain drink for myself, but I did it and I survived. I know what you're thinking...McDonald's meals for the kids...not so great right? Well, we don't do it very often and they consider it a special treat once in a while. It's kind of like the decision that Michael and I made last night: after the 24 Day Challenge, when we get the urge to order Nana Rosa's pizza, we're not going to deny ourselves that special treat. Eating pizza from our favorite pizza joint once a month is not going to sabotage our personal fitness and weight loss goals as long we know that the next morning we've got to get back on track and back to our healthy lifestyle. And when that craving for a sweet, cold, Diet Pepsi comes over me when I'm running errands in town, I might just treat myself to one but I won't be keeping my fridge stocked with that sugary, horrible-for-you stuff any longer. It is all about moderation and exercise and allowing for those little indulgences in life to keep you on track.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment