Thursday, July 8, 2010

Michael's 1st Day

1st of all, I'd like to thank my wife for staying up until 2 in the morning to create this awesome blog!  I plan to update how my 24 Day Challenge is going every day, and this blog will certainly keep me motivated and hold me accountable to do well and to follow the plan closely to lose as much weight as I can the next 24 days!

As most of you know, I decided last October to take my life back.  I had been severely overweight and in less than perfect health.  I was inspired by a college buddy - Don Foltz - who had lost around 50 pounds and began running.  It was a true wake up call when I saw his success!  I knew that I had to do it.  I was not happy with the shape I had let myself get into.  I was overweight, and depressed about it.  I felt like I was not being the best role model to my kids, and not being the best husband I could be to Lindsey.  The hardest part was deciding it was time to change.  Since then I have never looked back.  I began by using Weight Watchers Online for Men and began working out on a regular basis. This spring my friend Don got me started running. Through many trials and tribulations I learned what I could and couldn't eat if I wanted to succeed.  I slowly worked my way to losing 60 pounds!!!  Unfortunately, that is where I have been stuck for the last couple months.  I had lost this weight by Memorial Day weekend, and have been on a serious plateau since.

Please follow me on this journey and I will share the ups and downs of the Advocare 24 Day Challenge.  I truly believe that this is my way to achieve my goals!  I will update daily (or more if I can) and let you know how I'm doing.  So far, I'm one day in and feeling great.  Check back later to hear what my starting weight was and what my goals are during the next 24 days!

Michael
 

No comments:

Post a Comment