Thursday, July 22, 2010

I sit here in disbelief...

WOW!  Morning of day 16 of the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, and I am in total disbelief!  I stepped on the scale this morning not knowing how those little numbers would change my whole perspective.  In fact, it has become such a habit to jump on the scale before getting dressed for work that I wasn't really thinking at all...until the digital readout quit blinking and showed me something that I have not seen in over a decade.  I have broken into the 230's!!!  238.2 pounds this morning to be exact! 

I guess I knew I was getting close the past few days, but hadn't fully comprehended what it would mean to me to get there.  I certainly hadn't prepared myself for the rush of emotions that swept through me as I stood there staring at the numbers!  Shock, excitement, disbelief, pride, humbleness, nearly a few tears, and an overwhelming sense of accomplishment all at the same time!  That was powerful. 

I tried to think back to the time that I had seen this weight and decided it was in 1999 or 2000!  Can you imagine?  I was only 23 at the time!  And here I am, approaching 34 years old, and I am nearing the best health of my life!  I am so excited!  I am so humbled.  I am so motivated to keep going!  I can only imagine the feelings that will come with reaching the next level and breaking into the 220's!  It has been over 15 years since I have seen the 220's!  But I know that we will meet again.  Soon.

Please, please, please, use this excitement and energy to motivate yourself to write your own story.  I can not tell you how motivated I am by some of our friends and family that are currently taking the 24 Day Challenge!  To know that they will share in some of these feelings that have overwhelmed me today makes me so happy!  I am so excited about the path that I am on, I really want to share it with those that seek similar stories in their own lives!  It can seem so impossible at times, and I just want everyone to know that if I can do it, Anyone can do it! 

I would have laughed at you a year ago if you told me that in one year I'd be 75 pounds lighter and be running 1/2 marathons!  When I think back, it almost seems impossible, but it wasn't.  I just had to choose a new course.  Once I began my journey the pieces began to fall into place, and I just kept putting one foot in front of the other.  There were times of doubt.  There were times of disappointment.  But I stuck with it and look how far I've been able to come.  I am 3/4 of the way to my ultimate goal.  I have found the tools and the support system that I need to get the other 1/4 of the way...and that is a great feeling.  A feeling I want to share with anyone who is interested.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions, I don't claim to be an expert, but I've been there, and I know what worked for me! 


Day 16:  238.2 pounds     Total weight loss during 24 Day Challenge:  17.6 pounds!!!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment