Friday, July 23, 2010

Frustrations Set in On Day 17

You heard it right. I'm officially frustrated. Am I frustrated with the diet part of the challenge? No. Am I frustrated with having to exercise a few times a week? No. Am I frustrated that the numbers on the scale keep going down? Uh, duh. No. I'm frustrated that for the first time since probably middle school, I am smaller than a size 6! I know, horrible problem to have, right? The frustration that I have comes from a try-everything-on-in-my-closet-rampage that I had last night in an effort to get ready to go somewhere. I was just wanting to wear my go-to jean capris that I've worn every summer since Macy was a baby (I'm really into fashion as you can tell.) These capris are a size 6 and by far, that is the smallest size that I've seen since I was about 14 years old. However, it became quite clear last night that I'm not a size six anymore. In fact, they were so baggy on my stomach, butt and legs, that I'm afraid I can't even get away with putting a new notch in the belt and wearing them anyway.

As much as my frustration built while trying on clothes, I have to admit that the smile on my face was really, really big. I have to admit that for the first time EVER, I am three weeks out from a class reunion and I am not worried about my appearance or if I need to go on a crash diet before I see old friends. I have to admit that although I don't really like shopping, looking for a size 4 tag might just be pretty darn fun. I have to admit that for the last three days I've been eating more and snacking more than I have in the last five years. (That would most likely be the Metabolic Nutrition System kicking into high gear here!) I have to admit that I think the 24 Day Challenge is the most amazing journey that my husband and I have ever gone on together. (Aside from marriage and kids of course!)

As I sit here on the morning of day 17, I can't believe how easy this Challenge has been. I can't believe how fast it has gone. I can't believe that I weighed in this morning at 127.8 pounds. Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and FRUSTRATING weekend!

Lindsey

Starting weight: 135.2 pounds
Weight on day 17: 127.8 pounds
Total weight loss: 7.4 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment