Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 20? Seriously? Where has the time gone?

I couldn't believe it this morning when I realized that this is Day 20 of my 24 Day Challenge!  Where has the time gone?  I had dreaded this Challenge thinking it would be the longest 24 Days of my life!  It has certainly not been.  Granted I have abstained from some food choices and given up alcohol for the past 20 days, but the cravings haven't been very strong!

Just coming off of a fun filled weekend, I wasn't sure what to expect this morning with my weigh-in.  I hopped on the scale hoping that I wouldn't be too disappointed.  When it quit blinking it showed me that I have hit a new low!  237.8 pounds!!!  I am very excited!  This is now 18.0 pounds since beginning the Challenge!  Wow!  That is so cool.

Was it an easy weekend?  Not necessarily.  Lindsey, the kids and I got together with some good friends on Friday night, followed by a camping trip Saturday night.  Thank God, Lindsey had discussed our Challenge with the other ladies, and everyone brought some fairly healthy options for dinner.  I still ate too much, but at least it was healthy chicken breasts, oven baked veggies, salad, fresh fruit, etc.  It was slightly more difficult to refuse the ice cold beers that the guys were partaking in.  However, not nearly as hard to turn down as I had feared.  I'm not sure why my cravings are so much less than they used to be, whether all the vitamins and supplements have something to do with it, or if it is a new found resolve to stick with my plan and get healthy???  At this point, I would say it is some of both.

After looking at the calendar this morning I realized that I only have until Friday for my Challenge to be over!  With this bit of knowledge, I plan to stick closely to the plan, avoid slip-ups, and maybe even exercise a little more.  To date, I have stuck with my 3 day per week 1/2 marathon training schedule.  I think I can work in maybe one or two additional workouts this week to "sprint" to the finish of this 24 Day Challenge.  I am just so excited to see my results at the end of Friday that I want to give it all I've got!

Follow along to see how it turns out!  Hopefully you all have begun your journey towards your weight loss and fitness goals!  If I can do it, anyone can do it!  Please contact me with any questions about the Challenge, or any other fitness goals that I can help you with.

Michael

1 comment: